>> Wednesday, September 14, 2011
>> Wednesday, August 31, 2011
>> Wednesday, August 17, 2011
>> Wednesday, August 3, 2011
>> Wednesday, July 20, 2011
>> Wednesday, July 6, 2011
>> Wednesday, June 22, 2011
>> Wednesday, June 8, 2011
>> Wednesday, May 25, 2011
>> Wednesday, May 11, 2011
>> Wednesday, April 27, 2011
>> Wednesday, April 13, 2011
>> Wednesday, March 30, 2011
>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011
>> Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- -- attributed to Richard Polito of the Marin Independent Journal, who writes humorously sarcastic briefs for the paper's daily TV listings.
>> Friday, February 18, 2011
You have been with me since before I was born. I love to hear your sounds and see the shapes that represent you. You have always been ready to jump into place when I need you, and I know that you will continue to serve and tease me. When I see a blank piece of paper and hold an ink pen in my hand, I know that you, Words, are about to jump onto the page and we will have a grand time.
>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011
a Love Letter
To anyone, from anyone. Fictional or real. Bare your soul.
>> Sunday, February 13, 2011
The wind eats the snow like a starving goblin.
The sun eats the snow like a raging flame.
The ground eats the snow like an avid lover.
The roses eat the snow like a playful child.
>> Wednesday, February 2, 2011
>> Wednesday, January 19, 2011
>> Monday, January 10, 2011
We all have them. Here are mine:
1. The armchair sports fan. If it has a ball, I'll follow it; be it soccer, GAA football, hurling, snooker or cricket. If it's a dart, I'll shout "180" as the third arrow lands in the treble 20. I've been known to watch Olympic Curling (though I was drunk, so that doesn't really count).
2. Home and Away: the soap opera from Down Under. Known for its hard-hitting story-lines, such as "Who Killed Penn Graham" and "Marilyn's Doll," and beach babes (no one fills out a school uniform better than Tessa James as Nicole Franklin - she's 18, okay?), H&A is a fantasy world that rivals Middle Earth. (Did I mention the babes?)
3. Smartarsery. Yes, I can be an incorrigible smartarse; though I've tried to tone it down over the years, I really can't shake off this particular "character defect." The truth is I don't want to. My victims deserve it most times, anyway.
4. Daydreaming. I so want to be James Bond and Jack Reacher it hurts sometimes. And only Robert Downey, Jr. has my personal blessing to pay me when Hollywood gets around to making a movie of my life.
Chocolate Kimberley Biscuits. Enough said.
>> Friday, January 7, 2011
1. Nana! I missed you! (From Addisyn Lowry)
2. Mom, I need some advice and you're the wisest woman I know. (From Lacey Keel Lowry)
3. Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world
Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before
Let your soul take you where you long to be
Only then can you belong to me (From The Music of the Night by Andrew Lloyd Webber)
4. Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job. (From The Addams Family)
5. Who can find a virtuous woman. Her price is far above rubies. (From Prov. 31 KJV)
6. I want to go to Nana's house 'cause she's got books. (From Briar Keel)
7. To live, to live would be an awfully big adventure! (From the movie Hook)
8. Homework is for princesses! (From The Princess Who Never Laughed - Faery Tale Theater)
9. We must be over the rainbow! (From The Wizard of Oz)
10. I'll tell you what I see in the fire. I see the two of us sitting on our front porch growing old together. (From a teenaged Craig, twelve months before our wedding thirty years ago)
>> Wednesday, January 5, 2011
1. Jurassic Park
2. White Christmas
3. Die Hard
4. Love, Actually
5. You've Got Mail
6. Independence Day
7. Bring It On
8. A Knight's Tale
9. Singing In The Rain
10. The Producers
10. Naked. Unless it would result in a 40's Hollywood-esque scandal. Then that might be okay.
9. Choking on my own saliva, which is far likelier than I'd like to admit.
8. Choking on meat. Blecch.
7. Trussed up like a deer on a pick-up truck.
6. Wearing high heels or nylons.
5. Surrounded by religious fanatics.
4. Involving anything poky. I do not like poky things.
3. Involving anything itchy. That's worse than poky!
2. Listening to George W. Bush talk. At all. About anything. That is so not the last voice I want to hear.
1. Plummeting from an airplane.
Any length, any subject. Give us a list.
>> Tuesday, January 4, 2011
As previously stated in the Rules, everyone is welcome to contribute. And we mean everyone.
If you want to play along in the comments, you can be our new best friend.
If you want to pick on anyone's entry or comment, you CANNOT be our new best friend.
If you want to play along on your own blog and post a link to it in the comments, you can be our new best friend AND share our pudding cup.
We like pudding cups. And punch and pie. And cookies.
And now back to the Slinging.
Want to play a game? Okay, here are the rules.
Every couple of weeks (hopefully) the blog will post a theme. The assignments will be easy, short and entirely voluntary.
All blog contributors are welcomed and encouraged to play along.
All visitors and welcomed and encouraged to play along in the comments.
This is not an exclusive club. If you want to spread the word, go right ahead. The whole world is welcome to contribute.
Let's Sling some Ink, kids!