Jimbo's Guilty Pleasures

>> Monday, January 10, 2011

We all have them. Here are mine:

1. The armchair sports fan. If it has a ball, I'll follow it; be it soccer, GAA football, hurling, snooker or cricket. If it's a dart, I'll shout "180" as the third arrow lands in the treble 20. I've been known to watch Olympic Curling (though I was drunk, so that doesn't really count).

2. Home and Away: the soap opera from Down Under. Known for its hard-hitting story-lines, such as "Who Killed Penn Graham" and "Marilyn's Doll," and beach babes (no one fills out a school uniform better than Tessa James as Nicole Franklin - she's 18, okay?), H&A is a fantasy world that rivals Middle Earth. (Did I mention the babes?)

3. Smartarsery. Yes, I can be an incorrigible smartarse; though I've tried to tone it down over the years, I really can't shake off this particular "character defect." The truth is I don't want to. My victims deserve it most times, anyway.

4. Daydreaming. I so want to be James Bond and Jack Reacher it hurts sometimes. And only Robert Downey, Jr. has my personal blessing to pay me when Hollywood gets around to making a movie of my life.

Chocolate Kimberley Biscuits. Enough said.

3 comments:

MJ Heiser January 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

I don't understand this impulse to tone down your smartarsery. If anything, I say that bad boy needs to be cranked to the sticking point. Fuck 'em if they can't take the real YOU.

xoxo

Liz Czukas January 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM  

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke, that's for certain ;)

- Liz

Nandy Ekle January 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM  

Robert Downey, Jr would be perfect to play you in the movie of your life. Of course, Michelle Pfiefer would be the only to play me in my movie.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP